I hope you found a keeper recipe in this Soups Module! These Soups are massively rewarding and if you serve them up to friends and family they will be forever grateful.
Did I convince you to reconsider your stock options? I hope so! At the very least, I think it's worth making homemade stock at least once to give you a sense of how it compares to the stock you're currently using. From there you can strategize on how to keep some good quality stock on hand.
Below is the Quiz for the Soups Module. Good luck!
Soup -- Quiz!
0 of 9 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 9 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You can click View Questions to see the correct answers.To move on to the next Module click this link:
Fill in the blank:
Usually the most important ingredient in a soup recipe is the .
2. QuestionMexican oregano is a great addition to the Pinto Bean Soup. Luckily, you already have some Mexican oregano in your kitchen right?!!CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following are good options to turn soup into a meal...(check all that apply):CorrectIncorrect
4. QuestionA common target temperature for oil used in frying is 360F.CorrectIncorrect
5. QuestionKeep in mind that the stock you use in the soup recipes will affect the amount of salt you need to add. If using a store-bought stock (usually high in sodium) then you probably won't need to add as much salt as the recipes call for.CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following are good options for a final garnish on your soups?...(check all that apply):CorrectIncorrect
7. QuestionTraditional mirepoix for stock includes...(check all that apply):CorrectIncorrect
8. QuestionHomemade stock freezes beautifully and can be kept for months at a time.CorrectIncorrect
Rank this Module's recipes by putting the most appealing on top and the least appealing on bottom. (Click and drag to move them around.) The recipe on top is your homework for this Module! Try to make it before continuing on to the next Module.
Pinto Bean Soup -- Sopa Tarasca
Chicken Tortilla Soup